SDMC4 is a 8-axis working centre designed to perform special drilling and milling cycles on shoe lasts. The spindle is moved on X, Y and Z axis, while the lasts are being tilted and rotated. The operation is carried out on 2 pairs of roughed (and eventually hinged) lasts, the clamping is done by means of the toe and heel supports, each cycle is performed on one last at a time.
The machine is equipped with 10 tools.
Thanks to customised working cycles, the shoe lasts can be prepared for automated production cycles or for use on systems for automatic injection of the sole.
The main processes are:
- “Dovetail” support creation for the clamping on SDF machines,
- Drilling cycles on the upper side of the last for the correct plate positioning,
- Drilling and milling cycles on the side area of the last,
- Side or central milling cycles on the top of the last,
- Milling cycles on last surface following the model profile.
Thanks to the SLIM 4.0 software all .FRV™ files can be saved and set for the automatic launching on the machine.